September 2018 – We are very pleased to have Community Care as our feature community group for September 2018. They do so much good work in the community. Check them out, and consider volunteering.
Community Care Peterborough supports the health and well-being of individuals, caregivers, and communities.
If you are looking for information and support, Community Care Peterborough is a great place to start. We work with you to create a service plan to fit your unique needs. We can also guide you to other community resource that supplement our programs and supports.
We can come to you:
- Bringing nutritious meals to your door
- Offering friendly in-home visits
- Supporting your transition home after a hospital stay
- Offering referrals for affordable home help and home maintenance
You can come to us:
- Take advantage of the services available in your local community. We have a total network of eight local offices – Apsley, Ennismore, Buckhorn, Havelock, Lakefield, Millbrook, Norwood, and Peterborough
We can help you get around:
- Our specialized vehicles and volunteer drivers offer transportation options to get you to medical appointments, treatments, community services, and activities
Be safe and confident in your home:
- Benefit from Medical Equipment Program
- Have a Personal Distress Alarm installed
- Sign up for regular check-ins by telephone
Powered by a team of 887 volunteers, providing over 104,000 hours of service last year – 58 full time equivalent positions – we:
- Delivered 37,649 meals through our Meals on Wheels program
- Provided 35,598 drives to medical appointments, dialysis, shopping, and more
- Completed 24,154 reassurance calls and visits to individuals living alone
- Installed 571 personal distress alarms to keep people safe in their homes
- Helped 741 individuals settle back into their home after a hospital stay through our Home at Last program